Sunday, February 01, 2009

Crêpe Day

February 2nd is a Crêpe Day and on this day French eat lots of crêpes. For me crêpes are a true comfort food, so I am gladly adapting this French tradition and celebrating crêpes on their day.

My basic recipe for crêpes has not changed that much over the years, but the filling has been changing and it keeps on changing regulary. Right now my two favourite fillings are nutella & amaretto liqueur and coconut & cajeta (Mexican goat milk caramel).

Crêpes
10 crêpes
1,5 dl flour (I used kamut)
pinch of salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 large egg
1 tbsp melted butter
3 dl milk

Put the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Lightly beat the egg with butter and add to the flour. Slowly add the milk and mix well. Let rest in the fridge for at least an hour. Heat a pan (22 cm) and pour about 0,5 dl of the crepe mixture, spread by moving the pan. When golden, turn and cook until covered with golden spots.

No comments: