Sunday, February 07, 2010

World Nutella Day

5th of February is World Nutella Day. I like Nutella, although these days it does not find the place on the breakfast table as much as it did when I was a child. These days I appreciate more discovering new ways of using it. At the Christmas market in 2008 I discovered crepes with Nutella and amaretto...wow!

And these oatmeal and coconut balls (chokladbollar) are kind of a new recipe. They are very Swedish but traditionally made with butter, here I replaced half of the butter with Nutella.

Oatmeal and coconut balls
makes about 30
100 gr butter (room temperature)
100 gr Nutella
1 dl sugar (I used muscovado)
1/2 vanilla bean
3 tbsp cold espresso
3 tbsp cocoa powder
5-6 dl rolled oats

1 dl shredded coconut (to roll the balls in)

Blend butter, Nutella and sugar until everything is smooth, fork works fine. Add the seeds of the vanilla bean, cocoa powder, oats and cold coffee. With your hand (or not) blend everything until well mixed, form balls and roll in the coconut. You can put them in the fridge for an hour or so, but they taste as good at the room temperature as well.

No comments: